A User Received an Invalid Password Error When Signing into a Microsoft Account
A user receives an invalid password error even if they type the correct password in.
- Using an older device.
- Autodiscovery could be trying to login to the wrong server.
- Missing server settings
- Mobile devices aren't provisioned and ActiveSync connections are not allowed.
- Nylas devices are quarantined.
- Mail server is behind a VPN.
- Older devices will need to have an app-specific password.
- If the two-factor authentication service in use doesn't support app passwords, please reach out to [email protected] for suggestions.
- Ask the email administrator what server and the port information should be used to connect. Then, try logging in again by adding the settings under advanced settings.
- Make sure mobile device provisioning is enabled and that ActiveSync connections are allowed: see Suggested Office 365 Settings.
- Check that Nylas devices aren't quarantined or blocked: see Checking for quarantined EAS devices.
- If a user's mail server is behind a VPN or firewall or has strict MDM policies in place, we may not be able to support connecting their account.