Immediate Webhook Notification
Nylas detects an email has been read by embedding an image pixel into the message HTML. The image pixel needs to be downloaded for Nylas to detect that the message was opened. Only the initial download is tracked.
After a message has been sent, an immediate message.opened webhook is sent.
- CDNs cache the image pixel across multiple proxies resulting in multiple reads.
- Gmail caches the images the moment they receive them, returning in a message.opened webhook.
- Exclude your IP address ranges
- Use open tracking with link clicks to determine that messages have been opened and clicks have been clicked.
- Remove recent objects with a
timestampof less than 1 minute of the message
"user_agent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.75 Safari/537.36",